Archive Mode. Call Lyndon House Arts Foundation's 2021 Juried Exhibition ended on 1/22/21, 9:00 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
Lyndon House Arts Center
46th Juried Exhibition
Hallie Ringle, Juror
Calling all Athens, Georgia area artists!
$30 for 3 entries
Submission Deadline: January 22, 2021, at 9 p.m. Exhibition: March 11 – June 26, 2021
Hallie Ringleis the Hugh Kahul Curator of Contemporary Art at the Birmingham Museum of Art.
(photo credit: Texas Isaiah)
Athens area artists 18 years and older working in the visual arts field. The Athens area includes the following counties: Athens-Clarke County, Oconee, Barrow, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Hall, Banks, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Wilkes, Morgan, Walton and Oglethorpe.
Original artworks in any visual media may be entered. No reproductions, no works previously shown at the Lyndon House Arts Center (LHAC), and no works shown in the Athens area within the last year. No multi-piece works, such as diptychs, triptychs or grids. This includes 2d and 3d works. Sculptures must be one piece.
Wall works should not exceed 11’ in any direction (this includes framing). Sculptural works should not exceed 4’ x 8’ x 8’ and no more than 100 lbs.
Submit your artwork online this year, using the ArtCall.org system. If you do not already have a profile on ArtCall.org, you can register to create a free account. The Lyndon House Arts Foundation requires non-refundable fee of $30 at the time of entry, payable online by credit card. This includes entry for up to three (3) works of art. LHAC will not accept in-person submissions in 2021. Register on this site (see link on upper right for first time users). Find tips for using this site and for resizing digital images at the end of this page.
This exhibit includes a number of awards, including cash, a future exhibition and honorable mentions.
Sales & Reproductions
Works may be for sale or not for sale. The exhibiting artist will receive 70% of the sales price for work that is sold. The Lyndon House Arts Foundation, The Lyndon House Arts Center and ACC Leisure Services reserve the right to photograph and reproduce any artwork for promotional purposes. The copyright remains with the artist.
Insurance and Liability
Works accepted into the 46th Juried Exhibition will be insured while in the Arts Center, from arrival to July 1, 2021. Insurance values must be reasonable. Any questionable numbers will require an appraisal.
Delivery and Pick up
Works selected for the 46th Juried Exhibition must be delivered Friday, February 5 – Saturday, February 13, 2021, between 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. On delivery, any work found to be altered, incorrectly presented, or that significantly differs from entry image will not be accepted.
Artworks must be picked up Tuesday, June 29 – Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm. The dates for delivery and pick up are firm. Artworks left after the pickup dates will not be insured and are subject to disposal.
All works must be finished works of art ready for installation as follows:
1. Works on paper must be mounted and secured in professional frames under glass or plexi-glass and ready for installation. Please no plastic frames or clip style frames. Collage elements must be secured or protected behind glass.
2. Paintings or photographs on canvas need to have a finished edge whether clean, painted or with wood stripping. Paintings or photographs on canvas boards need to be framed. Work should be dry and fixed. No wet paint.
3. All 2D artworks must have a hanging device, either d-rings or screw eyes with picture wire securely wrapped. Works under 14” in any direction may use saw tooth hangers.
4. Video works should not exceed 5 minutes in length and should be a .mov or a .mp4 file.
5. Wall hanging fabric works will need to include a hanging device, such as a casing sewn with a dowel or rod included.
6. Photographs mounted on plexi and aluminum are fine as long as the hanging device is incorporated in a professional manner.
7. Extremely fragile works will not be eligible due to the need for special handling.
8. Sculptural work and freestanding pieces must be in one piece and installation ready. Artists may be called to assist with installation.
9. As a community-wide facility, the Lyndon House Arts Center reserves the right to present artworks in a controlled access area, or to deny exhibition, of any work that may not be appropriate for all audiences.
10. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted.
The Calendar: Friday, January 22, 2021 Submissions close at 9 pm. Thursday, February 4, 2021 Notification: All notifications of either acceptance or non-acceptance by email. Friday, February 5 – Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Deliver works selected for the 46th Juried Exhibition. Closed on Sunday. Thursday, March 11 – Saturday, March 13, 2021 46th Juried Exhibition Preview Days: Please join us in celebration of the 46th Juried Exhibition with free ticketed entry times! Tuesday, March 16, 2021 46th Juried Exhibition opens for general viewing Saturday, June 26, 2021, 6:00 pm 46th Juried Exhibition closes. Last day to see the show. Tuesday, June 29 – Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Pick up works included in the 46th Juried Exhibition
Tips for using this site:
1. You will need to create a profile with a user login and a password.
2. You will receive a prompt that says you have 24 minutes to complete your registration. Don't worry. Your information will be saved. You can log in again to edit, change or complete your information at any time prior to the submission deadline.
3. Artcall.org will send you a confirmation email once you register for the 2021 Juried Exhibition. Check your "spam" or "junk" folder if you don't receive confirmation.
3. When you are ready to submit, have your artwork information ready to enter, including your image file.