46th Juried Exhibition Guidelines
Juror: Hallie Ringle, the Hugh Kahul Curator of Contemporary Art at the Birmingham Museum of Art
Exhibition: March 11 – June 26, 2021
Eligibility: Athens area artists 18 years and older working in the visual arts field. The Athens area includes the following counties: Athens-Clarke County, Oconee, Barrow, Greene, Jackson, Madison, Hall, Banks, Franklin, Hart, Elbert, Wilkes, Morgan, Walton and Oglethorpe.
Artworks: Original artworks in any visual media may be entered. No reproductions, no works previously shown at the Lyndon House Arts Center, and no works shown in the Athens area within the last year. No multi-piece works, such as diptychs, triptychs or grids. This includes 2d and 3d works. Sculptures must be one piece. Note that should your work not fall within these requests, they will not be considered for the exhibit.
Size: Wall works should not exceed 11’ in any direction (this includes framing). Sculptural works should not exceed 4’ x 8’ x 8’ and no more than 100 lbs.
To Enter: Submit your artwork online. Upload images and information to the website: https://2021juriedexhibition.artcall.org. A non-refundable fee of $30 is required at the time of entry, payable online by credit card. This includes entry for up to three (3) works of art.
Awards: This exhibit includes a number of awards, such as cash, future exhibitions and honorable mentions.
Sales & Reproductions: Works may be for sale or not for sale. The exhibiting artist will receive 70% of the sales price for work that is sold. The Lyndon House Arts Foundation, The Lyndon House Arts Center and ACC Leisure Services reserve the right to photograph and reproduce any artwork for promotional purposes. The copyright remains with the artist.
Insurance and Liability: Works accepted into the 46th Juried Exhibition will be insured while in the Arts Center, from arrival to July 1, 2021. Insurance values must be reasonable. Any questionable numbers will require an appraisal.
Delivery and Pick up: Please see the calendar included in this form. On delivery, any work found to be altered, incorrectly presented, or that significantly differs from entry image will not be accepted.
The dates for delivery and pick up are firm. Artworks left after the pickup dates will not be insured and are subject to disposal.
All works must be finished works of art ready for installation as follows:
1. Works on paper must be mounted and secured in professional frames under glass or plexi-glass and ready for installation. Please no plastic frames or clip style frames. Collage elements must be secured or protected behind glass.
2. Paintings or photographs on canvas need to have a finished edge whether clean, painted or with wood stripping. Paintings or photographs on canvas boards need to be framed. Work should be dry and fixed. No wet paint.
3. All 2D artworks must have a hanging device, either d-rings or screw eyes with picture wire securely wrapped. Works under 14” in any direction may use saw tooth hangers.
4. Video works should not exceed 5 minutes in length and should be a .mov file.
5. Wall hanging fabric works will need to include a hanging device, such as a casing sewn with a dowel or rod included.
6. Photographs mounted on plexi and aluminum are fine as long as the hanging device is incorporated in a professional manner.
7. Extremely fragile works will not be eligible due to the need for special handling.
8. Sculptural work and freestanding pieces must be in one piece and installation ready. Artists may be called to assist with installation.
9. As a community-wide facility, the Lyndon House Arts Center reserves the right to present artworks in a controlled access area, or to deny exhibition, of any work that may not be appropriate for all audiences.
10. Artists may not substitute another work for an accepted work, alter a work, or withdraw or remove a work after it has been accepted.
The Calendar: Please note all days and times are firm.
Tuesday, December 1, 2021 Entry form available online. Form will remain available online throughout submission process.
Friday, January 22, 2021 Submissions close at 9 pm.
Thursday, February 4, 2021 Notification: All notifications of either acceptance or non-acceptance by email.
Friday, February 5 – Saturday, February 13, 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Deliver works selected for the 46th Juried Exhibition.
Thursday, March 11 – Saturday, March 13, 2021 46th Juried Exhibition Preview Days: Please join us in celebration of the 46th Juried Exhibition with free ticketed entry times!
Tuesday, March 16, 2021 46th Juried Exhibition opens for general viewing
Saturday, June 26, 2021, 6:00 pm 46th Juried Exhibition closes. Last day to see the show.
Tuesday, June 29 – Thursday, July 1, 2021, 10:00 am – 5:00 pm Pick up works included in the 46th Juried Exhibition
This call has agreed to ArtCall.org Terms & Conditions